Monday, August 25, 2014

Senior Parent Letter

Seniors,
Please take a moment to share this information with your parents.  I will send this letter home tomorrow with the permission form for the Career Fair!

VHS Senior Parents,


Welcome to Senior Year!  I wanted to share a few important tidbits from the Counseling Office so that I may best assist you!

I have College Planning Binders for sale in the Counseling Office for $5.  These binders have a wealth of information for you and your family.  If you do not wish to purchase a binder, I also have copies in the library.  I recommend buying your own - it is a great place to have a central location for all of your federal aid, scholarship and application information.  As more information comes into my office, I will copy that for your child to add to his/her binder.

Please take a moment to subscribe to my blog:
http://cochrans-corner.blogspot.com/
I post scholarship, school and other information regularly.  There are also many post that are archived on the list that you can look over from last year.  This is a great way to stay in touch and up to date on the information from my office.

Also, please feel free to email or call me to set up an appointment.  I would love to meet with your family and discuss how best to help your child plan for life after VHS.
My email is cscochran@chilton.k12.al.us and my office phone is 205-280-2822.

Here are a few upcoming dates of importance:
September 10th - Chilton County College Fair Cost is $3 to cover transportation
                              Dress is “Interview Appropriate”
                                Students need money for lunch
Sunday, September 14th - National College Fair Birmingham, BJCC   1-4 PM
                        Not a school event, but I will be there!
                                                Students must Pre-Register
                                                                                https://www.gotomyncf.com/Registration
                                                This event is FREE
September, 13 - ACT         VHS   8:00 AM
September, 19th - University of Montevallo Visit from Adrian Cofer during Flex
September, 26th - University of West Alabama Visit from Libba McClendon during Flex

It’s a busy month!  I will send more information home as I have it available.
Please let me know how I can help you!

Thanks,


Christina Cochran



No comments:

Post a Comment