Please read the information below, I have the application information in my office!
This year, the Alabama Association of School Office Personnel will award up to four (4) $1,000.00 scholarships to students pursuing a degree from the college or business of K-12 education. Listed below are specific rules and regulations concerning these scholarships. Each applicant should furnish ALL requested information. This information will be kept confidential. The recipients will be notified no later than May 2, 2014. The completed application must be received by March 31, 2014.
Please Mail to: Yolanda Grace
3165 Reeves Street 334-794-1436
Dothan, AL 36303 email@example.com
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Scholarships will be given to high school graduates (or graduating seniors) who desire to pursue a degree from the college of business or a degree in K-12 education at an accredited Alabama school, college or university. The student’s parent does not have to be a AASOP member to apply.
2. A scholarship may be given to an AASOP member who is pursuing a degree from the college of business or K-12 education. If no qualifying applications are received from members, then this scholarship may be awarded to eligible applications. Of the scholarships awarded, the Georgia P Gallis scholarship is to be designated for the child of an AASOP member, if no applications are received from children of AASOP members, the scholarship will be awarded to an eligible applicant.
3. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of scholastic record and financial need.
4. A previous recipient may re-apply for a scholarship.
5. Scholarship money will be paid directly to the school upon certification of enrollment. This certification must be received prior to November 1 in the year awarded.
TASKS TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE APPLICATION CAN BE PROCESSED.
1. Plan to enroll in the college of business or K-12 education.
2. Complete all items on the application.
3. Attach a recent photograph (optional).
4. Attach a personal letter stating your financial need for the scholarship.
5. Attach a transcript of your school grades through the first semester of the current school year, with the grade point average listed. This is not necessary for AASOP members applying for the scholarship if they are not currently enrolled in college.
6. Attach one letter from each of the three references listed on your applications.
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS ALL INFORMATION IS ENCLOSED. APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 31, 2014.