In 2011, Southern Association of College Admission Counseling initiated Extend the Dream Scholarships to recognize and reward deserving students. These scholarships are awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and community service. Awards are in the amount of $1,000 and are not renewable. Applications are due in late May each year.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior graduating from a public, private, parochial high school or home school located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or the Caribbean
- Applicant must be accepted by and plan to attend an accredited, non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college in the fall following his/her graduation
- Applicant must have at least a 2.75 grade point average for grades 9-12.
- Applicant must have financial need
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to community service, social justice issues, and/or leadership qualities
- Applicant must submit ACT and/or SAT scores